We'll be into October next week and whilst we still have a hint of warm sun in the air I wanted to write a little bit about what we did this summer. I didn't manage to post at all during July and August and we did so many fab things, I didn't want this summer to be missing. So, our adventures included:
- So many camping weekends (six consecutive weekends), including two 40th birthday weekends, a mini-festival at my friend's parents' farm and a camping weekend at my Uncle's house.
- Giffords Circus with Ziggy's lovely Godmother Jessie
- Ziggy learning to swim solo, after Z & E having two weeks of daily lessons.
- A week's holiday in Cornwall including sailing, rock pooling, watching the red arrows and oohing and ahhhing over Granny and Poppa's seven Labrador puppies.
- Visiting a beautiful lavender farm in Somerset.
- Holding a 'celebration of nothing in particular but everything in general' party in a beautiful outdoor location for our Bristol friends.
Our main summer headline - MOVING HOUSE. This was the year we finally sold our small flat and moved into a proper family house. No shared front door and our own garden. An end to our student home and a lovely house to fix and paint and make our own.