18/06/2013

Party in the woods


We celebrated V's birthday with a party in the woods on a day filled with glorious sunshine.  This is V with all her party friends. She's in the white dress with striped leggings underneath (she insisted on wearing the leggings!)

Our woodland base was a beautiful oak framed barn which we strung up with colourful honeycomb decorations.


We built dens, ate cake, played chase and ended up coming home at tea-time having spent the whole day out.  

I made felt feather crowns for the children. There were jewels sewn on the front with hearts for the girls and squares for the boys.  Violet was running around so much I realised when I got home that I didn't have a picture of her on her own, but here are some of her gang.




I'll be doing a post on making the feather crowns a little later as they were very simple and beautiful and I'm a little proud of them!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, sounds like the perfect children's party! Looking forward to reading about the crowns, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised you're proud of them; they're beautiful!

    Glad you had sunshine for the party x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lottie! It was amazing and fingers crossed more sunshine is coming our way. And the crowns were a hit, so I was pleased too!

      Delete
  3. What a perfect party and beautiful sunshine too ... I love the crowns ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee. I'll write a tutorial on them as they were easy to make and think your 3 would love them! I'll ping you a comment when it's done!

      Delete
  4. Another fantastic Party C, well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Honey! Hope to catch up sometime this summer!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely party, so nice to have it outside rather than the usual softplay which seems to be the trend now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it's very typical to have parties at specific venues or with bought entertainment. It's much more 'slick' than when I was a child and I don't like it! Much prefer the craziness of putting it on myself and actually getting to know and play with my children's friends.x

      Delete
  6. Hi was this party held in Leigh woods? It looks perfect for something I want to do for my twin girls birthday party. Do you have to request to use it? Thanks rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Yes, it was - it's the little green barn there. You don't have to request to use it but I did phone up the office to make sure there wasn't anything organised to use it (school trip or something). It was absolutely beautiful and I'm sure you and your daughter's will have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.