20/01/2012

2011 Photo Collage


Last night I finished making our 2011 photo collage. I made my first one in 2006, the year Z was born and have made one every year since.  I print my photographs using Photobox and get busy with scissors and glue.  It's a perfect January evening activity, when it's cold and dark and I'm happy to stay in and eat chocolate!    

One of the lovely things about making them is reminiscing about what we've done over the last 12 months and re-discovering photographs.  Like this one of V, which I took in May and had forgotten about.


2012 will be a big year for Violet - it will be the year she out grows the last of her baby habits. At some point this year we'll loose the need for nappies and a buggy - features of our family life for the last 6 years.  I never thought I'd be sentimental about nappies, and there were many times when I couldn't wait for nappy-free days.  But now that time is coming closer it  feels as though we're saying goodbye to the early years of family life and it reminds me of how quickly time flies - they don't stay small for long.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea. Ah V she looks like J there! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.